Được biên soạn bám sát theo cấu trúc của đề thi Trung học phổ thông Quốc gia, đề ôn tập Unit 3 Tiếng Anh 11 dưới đây hi vọng sẽ giúp bạn củng cố kiến thức về cấu trúc infinitive with to, V-ing ở thể bị động và từ vựng thuộc chủ đề A Party
1. accidentally (adv) [,æksi’dentəli]: tình cờ
2. blow out (v) [‘blou’aut]: thổi tắt
3. budget (n) [‘bʌdʒit]: ngân sách
4. candle (n) [‘kændl]: đèn cầy, nến
5. celebrate (v) [‘selibret]: tổ chức, làm lễ kỷ niệm
6. clap (v)[klæp] vỗ tay
7. count on (v) [kaunt]: trông chờ vào
8. decorate (v) [‘dekəreit]: trang trí
+ decoration (n) [,dekə’rei∫n]: sự/đồ trang trí
9. diamond anniversary (n) (diamond wedding= diamond jubilee) [‘daiəmənd æni’və:səri] [‘wediη] [‘dʒu:bili:]: lễ kỷ niệm đám cưới kim cương (60 năm)
10. financial (a) [fai’næn∫l; fi’næn∫l]: (thuộc) tài chính
11. flight (n) [flait]: chuyến bay
12. forgive (v) [fə’giv]: tha thứ
13. get into trouble (exp) [‘trʌbl]: gặp rắc rối
14. golden anniversary (n) (=golden wedding = golden jubilee)[‘gouldən,æni’və:səri] [‘goulden,wediη]: lễ kỷ niệm đám cưới vàng (50 năm)
15. guest (n) [gest]: khách
16. helicopter (n) [‘helikɔptə]: trực thăng
17. hold (v) [hould]: tổ chức
18. icing (n) [‘aisiη]: lớp kem phủ trên mặt bánh
19. jelly (n) [‘dʒeli]: thạch
20. judge (n) [‘dʒʌdʒ]: thẩm phán
21. lemonade (n) [,lemə’neid]: nước chanh
22. milestone (n)[‘mailstoun]: sự kiện quan trọng
23. organise (v) [‘ɔ:gənaiz]: tổ chức
24. refreshments (n) [ri’fre∫mənt]: món ăn nhẹ
25. serve (v) [sə:v]: phục vụ
26. silver anniversary (n) (=silver wedding = silver jubilee): lễ kỷ niệm đám cưới bạc (25 năm)
27. slip out (v) [slip]: lỡ miệng
28. tidy up (v) [‘taidi]: dọn dẹp
29. upset (v) [ʌp’set]: làm bối rối, lo lắng
I. Choose the word in which the letter l, r, or h is silent.
II. Choose the word that has underlined part pronounced differently from the others.
Choose the word or phrase that best fits the blank space in each sentence.
If you are invited to someone’s house for dinner in the United States, you should (1) _______ a gift, such as a bunch of flowers or a box of chocolates. If you give your host a (2) _______ gift, he/she may open it in front of you. Opening a present in front of the gift-giver is considered (3) _______. It shows that the host is excited about receiving the gift and wants to show his/her (4) ______ to you immediately. (5) _____ the host doesn’t like it, he/she will tell a “(6) _____ lie” and say how much they like the gift to prevent the guest from feeling bad. If your host asks you to arrive at a particular time, you should not arrive (7) _______ on time or earlier than the (8) _______ time, because this is considered to be potentially inconvenient and (9) _______ rude, as the host may not be (10) _______.
Read the passage carefully, then choose the correct answer.
Going to party can be fun and enjoyable. If you are invited to a party, do call your host up early to inform him! her of whether you are going. If you want to bring someone who has not been invited along with you, you should ask for permission first. Remember to dress appropriately for the
party. You will stick out like a sore thumb if you are dressed formally whereas everyone else is in T-shirt and jeans. If you are not sure what to wear, do ask your host.
During the party you may perhaps like to help your host by offering to serve drinks or wash the dishes. Your host would certainly appreciate these efforts. If you happen to be in a party you do not know anyone, do not try to monopolize the host’s attention. This is inconsiderate since your
host has many people to attend to and can not spend all his/ her time with you. Instead, learn to mingle with others at the party. You could try breaking the ice by introducing yourself to someone who is friendly-looking.
Before you leave the party, remember to thank your host first. If you have the time, you could even offer to help your host clean up the place.
From the four words or phrases – a, b, c or d – choose the one that best completes the sentence.
Choose the answer that is nearest in meaning to the printed before it.