Được biên soạn bám sát theo cấu trúc của đề thi Trung học phổ thông Quốc gia, đề ôn tập Unit 1 Tiếng Anh 11 dưới đây hi vọng sẽ giúp bạn củng cố kiến thức về cấu trúc infinitive with to, V-ing và từ vựng thuộc chủ đề Friendship
- Acquaintance (n) [ə’kweintəns] người quen
- Admire (v) [əd’maiə] ngưỡng mộ
- Aim (n) [eim] mục đích
- Appearance (n) [ə’piərəns] vẻ bề ngoài
- Attraction (n) [ə’trỉk∫n] sự thu hút
- Be based on (exp)[beist] dựa vào
- Benefit (n) [‘benifit] lợi ích
- Calm (a) [k:m]điềm tĩnh
- Caring (a) [keərin] chu đáo
- Change (n,v) [t∫eind] (sự) thay đổi
- Changeable (a) [‘t∫eindəbl] có thể thay đổi
- Chilli (n) [‘t∫ili] ớt
- Close (a) [klous] gần gũi, thân thiết
- Concerned (with) (a) [kən’sə:nd] quan tâm
- Condition (n) [kən’di∫n] điều kiện
- Constancy (n) [‘knstənsi] sự kiên định
- Constant (a) [‘knstənt] kiên định
- Crooked (a) [‘krukid] cong
- Customs officer (n) [‘kstəmə ‘fisə] nhân viên hải quan
- Delighted (a) [di’laitid] vui mừng
- Enthusiasm (n) [in’θju:ziỉzm] lòng nhiệt tình
- Exist (v) [ig’zist] tồn tại
- Feature (n) [‘fi:t∫ə] đặc điểm
- Forehead (n) [‘f:rid, ‘f:hed] trán
- Generous (a) [‘denərəs] rộng rãi, rộng lượng
- Get out of (v) ra khỏi (xe)
- Give-and-take (n) sự nhường nhịn
- Good-looking (a) dễ nhìn
- Good-natured (a) tốt bụng
- Gossip (v) [‘gsip] ngồi lê đôi mách
- Height (n) [hait] chiều cao
- Helpful (a) [‘helpful] giúp đỡ, giúp ích
- Honest (a) [‘ɔnist] trung thực
- Hospitable (a) [‘hɔspitəbl] hiếu khách
- Humorous (a) [‘hju:mərəs] hài hước
- In common (exp) [‘kmən] chung
- Incapable (of) (a) [in’keipəbl] không thể
- Influence (v) [‘influəns] ảnh hưởng
- Insist on (v) [in’sist] khăng khăng
- Jam (n) [dæm] mứt
- Joke (n,v) [douk] (lời) nói đùa
- Journalist (n) [‘də:nəlist] phóng viên
- Joy (n) [di] niềm vui
- Jump (v) [dmp] nhảy
- Last (v) [l:st] kéo dài
- Lasting (a) [‘l:stiη] bền vững
- Lifelong (a) [‘laiflη] suốt đời
- Like (n) sở thích
- Loyal (a) [‘liəl] trung thành
- Loyalty (n) [‘liəlti] lòng trung thành
- Medium (a) [‘mi:diəm] trung bình
- Mix (v) [miks] trộn
- Modest (a) [‘mdist] khiêm tốn
- Mushroom (n) [‘m∫rum ]nấm
- Mutual (a) [‘mju:tjuəl] lẫn nhau
- Oval (a) [‘ouvəl] có hình trái xoan
- Patient (a) [‘pei∫nt] kiên nhẫn
- Personality (n) [,pə:sə’næləti] tích cách, phẩm chất
- Pleasant (a) [‘pleznt] vui vẻ
- Pleasure (n) [‘pleə] niềm vui thích
- Principle (n) [‘prinsəpl] nguyên tắc
- Pursuit (n) [pə’sju:t] mưu cầu
- Quality (n) [‘kwliti] phẩm chất
- Quick-witted (a) nhanh trí
- Relationship (n) [ri’lei∫n∫ip] mối quan hệ
- Remain (v) [ri’mein] vẫn (còn)
- Residential Area (n) [,rezi’den∫l ‘eəriə] khu dân cư
- Rumour (n,v) [‘ru:mə] (lời) đồn
- Secret (n) [‘si:krit] bí mật
- Selfish (a) [‘selfi∫] ích kỷ
- Unselfishness (n) tính không ích kỷ
- Sense of humour (n) [sens ov ‘hju:mə] óc hài hước
- Share (v) [∫eə] chia sẻ
- Sincere (a) [sin’siə] thành thật
- Sorrow (n) [‘sɔrou] nỗi buồn
- Studious (a) [‘stju:diəs] chăm chỉ
- Suspicion (n) [sə’spi∫n] sự nghi ngờ
- Suspicious (a) [sə’spi∫əs] nghi ngờ
- Sympathy (n) [‘simpəθi] sự thông cảm
- Take up (v) đề cập đến
- Trust (n,v) [trst] sự tin tưởng
- Uncertain (a) [n’sə:tn] không chắc chắn
- Understanding (a) [,ndə’stỉndiη] thấu hiểu
- a. machine
- a. condition
- a. believe
- a. good
- a. trust
26. Whatever happened, I didn’t want to lose friendship of Vera.
27. The basic aims of science and magic are very similar – to understand and to control nature.
28. It was a period of her life when she made some lifelong friendship.
29. Simon finds it hard for making friends with other children.
30. Not longer are contributions to the advancement of industry made primarily by individuals.
31. Clay that has been heated or fired in a kiln cannot to be softened again.
Choose the correct words or phrases that best complete the passage.
I’m sorry for not (31) to you for two months. In my postcard sent to you when I was on vacation in July, I told you about a new friend of (32)_______ , Lisa Moran, who lives near my uncle’s farm in Napan Valley, California. You may be curious to know what she is (33) .
Well, Lisa is of our age – 17 – and not very tall or slim. In fact, she has (34) rounded shoulders and a plump face. The best (35) on Lisa’s face are her green eyes and the two dimples on her checks. She (36) lively with her hair cut short and dressed in (37) clothes – jeans and a T-shirt. When I first met her at my cousin’s birthday party, I was attracted by her (38) and pleasingly direct manners. Curiously enough, Lisa has the same (39) in music as you and I.
That’s (40) about Lisa for the moment. How have you been doing with your school work? Please write soon.
|31||a. write||b. to write||c. writing||d. wrote|
|32||a. I||b. me||c. my||d. mine|
|33||a. looking||b. like||c. seen||d. similar|
|34||a. slightly||b. hardly||c. scarcely||d. reasonably|
|35||aspects||b. points||c. features||d. marks|
|36||a. feels||b. seems||c. appears||d. looks|
|37||a. casual||b. formal||c. sports||d. trendy|
|38||a. light-hearted||b. high-handed||c. self-centered||d. easy-going|
|39||a. taste||b. hearing||c. sense||d. way|
|40||a. all||b. enough||c. end||d. most|
Read the passage carefully, then choose the correct answers.
Having a best friend to confide in can bring a positive effect on our emotional health. An evening out with the closest friend may be the best guarantee of a good time. In fact, our best friend can prevent us from developing serious psychological problems such as depression and anxiety.
Best friendship evolves with time – we cannot go out and pick our best friend. We become friends with people who share common interests – at school or through hobbies, for example.
Best friends have usually known each other for years and stuck together through good and bad times. If you haven’t got one, perhaps you are being too distant from people, or focusing too much on your work.
- A best friend can ________.
a. give us a healthy life
b. go out with us in the evening
c. spend much time finding
d. share joy and sadness with us
- Close friends need to ________.
a. study at the same school b. have the same interests
c. pursue the same hobbies d. spend time together
- According to the passage, ________.
a. it takes a lot of time to make close friendships
b. we can go out and choose a good friend easily
c. best friends have good and bad times
d. It’s very difficult to make lasting friendships
- The word ‘one’ in the last paragraph refers to ________.
a. good time b. bad time c. a friendship d. a close friend
- Which of the following sentences is not mentioned?
a. We often have satisfaction being with a close friend.
b. the ties of close friendship will never be broken.
c. An unsociable person may not have a close friend.
d. Friendships need time to develop
- At the factory he likes people to let him have his own way.
a. He doesn’t like it when people tell him what to do.
b. He often needs the help of other people in his work.
c. He doesn’t accept help from people he dislikes.
d. He likes people to think all good ideas are his own
- I would rather have an egg for breakfast.
a. I would eat an egg for my breakfast.
b. I don’t want an egg for breakfast.
c. I prefer to have an egg for breakfast.
d. I’ll have an egg if there, is nothing else for my breakfast
- It would have been a perfect paper except for some mistakes.
a. It was a perfect paper
b. The word was spelt perfectly.
c. The paper had some mistakes
d. The teacher did not accept the paper
- It’s waste of time to try to explain anything to Tony.
a. Tony should be given explanation
b. It’s not worth trying to explain anything to Tony.
c. To save time, explain it to Tony.
d. It’s well worth trying to explain things to Tony.
- The workers are threatening to go on strike unless the company raises the hourly wage.
a. If their wages are not increased, the workers plan to strike.
b. The company raised the workers’ wages to avoid a strike.
c. The company demands that the workers strike.
d. The company threatened to pay the workers less.
- ________the promotion of health and to helping people avoid injury and
a. To commit the Red Cross
b. The Red Cross to commit
c. Committed to the Red Cross is
d. The Red Cross is committed to
- It is possible ________ may assist some tree in saving water in the winter.
a. the leaves are lost
b. when leaves have lost
c. that the loss of leaves
d. to lose leaves
- It can sometimes ________a home.
a. to take months to sell
b. take several months to sell
c. selling takes several months
d. to sell taking several months
- Pioneer men and women endured terrible hardships, and so did their children.
a. so do their children
b. neither did the children
c. also the children
d. so did their children